Business Transaction & Licensing Attorney
Put your experience in domestic and international business transactions and commercial licensing to work providing legal counsel, drafting and support in investment, acquisition, corporate, software and data licensing agreements. This is a challenging opportunity to provide guidance in all areas of law affecting Esri’s worldwide business activities.
- Provide legal counsel, guidance, and support, primarily in the areas of contract, corporate and transaction law and secondarily in the areas of privacy and data protection law
- Maintain agreements and contractual relationships for software and data licensing with business partners, distributors, suppliers
- Develop, draft, and negotiate contractual/licensing terms and conditions with customers and suppliers
- Develop, draft, and negotiate loan, stock purchase, shareholder and corporate documents
- Assist security and business teams by answering privacy and compliance questions, drafting data processing agreements and providing risk assessment and conflict resolution
- Assist with due diligence review for investments and acquisitions
- Handle privacy notice and policy drafting and reviews
- 5-7 years of relevant legal experience in a private practice law firm or in-house counsel position
- Expertise in commercial software licensing T&Cs
- Experience in corporate transaction and investment agreements
- Admittance and licensed in good standing before California State Bar or other state bar
- Solid business acumen and judgment, attention to detail, and the ability to isolate issues for escalation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for working with all levels of management and staff in a variety of Esri departments and with third-party vendors and licensees
- JD or LLM from ABA accredited law school
- Domestic and international distribution and software licensing experience
- Familiarity with antitrust, export control, M&A, and managing transaction closings
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects with various clients at the same time
- CIPP, CIPM, CIPT certifications
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top