Business Operations Specialist
Use your strong organizational abilities and communication skills to support strategic consulting program initiatives targeted at building capabilities and success for Esri users, partners, and distributors in their deployment and use of ArcGIS.
- Support the operations, business development, and tracking of program engagements and other related professional services activities for customers, partners, and distributors to foster best practices use of Esri technology
- Develop and maintain relevant systems, guidelines, policies, and templates to support effective and efficient program management to meet program objectives
- Liaise with other key internal groups to meet program objectives including Business Development, Educational Services, Technical Support, Professional Services, International and Partner Program Teams, Contracts, Customer Service, and Marketing
- Establish, develop, and/or maintain relationships with key customers, partners, and distributors (as appropriate) in support of program initiatives
- Work with Business Development to qualify standard services opportunities and answer questions related to proposed services
- Assist in the preparation, review, and presentation of proposals, quotes, reports, and support plans as required
- Manage small technical consulting engagements
- Support other strategic Esri Corporate and Professional Services initiatives as required
- 2+ years of experience serving in a commercial business role focused on:
- Ascertaining, understanding, and communicating business requirements
- Advising business on options, risks, and costs associated with varied solutions or services offerings
- Providing input to the development of formal business cases; and/or
- Coordinating related business activities within a professional services environment
- An appreciation for technology and willingness to learn high-level concepts
- Ability to effectively prioritize, coordinate, and complete multiple simultaneous activities
- Ability to coordinate, manage, and maintain visibility on multiple accounts
- Ability to develop productive strong relationships with colleagues, partners, customers, and management to meet targeted objectives
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- An analytical mindset with the ability to develop metrics, create reports, interpret results, and make recommendations on appropriate courses of action
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organizational, time management, presentation, and writing skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, agile, and team-oriented
- Bachelor’s in business, GIS, geography, or related field (master’s preferred)
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Professional Services Automation, SharePoint, Salesforce, and/or other business management/reporting systems
- Familiarity with or exposure to Esri technology
- Demonstrated experience performing technical delivery/coordination or consulting
- Experience working with customers in a service-oriented business environment
- Proven experience preparing, reviewing, and presenting high quality proposals, business metrics, and reports
- Experience creating project plans and guiding teams through successful project execution
- Practical experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or administration of ArcGIS solutions or equivalent technology
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top