Business internships are typically offered in the following areas.
Not all Esri internships are about GIS and software! Work with experienced professionals to further your understanding of the accounting field.
Depending on Esri's current business needs, interns may work on teams that do international accounting, financial planning and analysis, general accounting, or project analysis.
Over the summer interns worked with senior staff on
- Supporting the month-end accounting close
- Budgeting, planning, and analysis projects
- Financial analysis for Esri's international locations
Contracts & Legal
Want an internship with a multimillion-dollar global software development company on your resumé? Sharpen your contract negotiation skills by working with our experienced legal team.
Students majoring in law, business, or contracts administration may work on our legal, domestic and international contracts, or Professional Services teams.
Over the summer, interns worked on a variety of projects such as
- Negotiating changes on international contracts
- Research and documentation for non-disclosure agreements, export compliance, and open source licensing
- Research and analysis to streamline contracting processes
Play a part in incorporating new IT technologies and capabilities at Esri quickly and efficiently.
Depending on the division’s needs, you could work on one of several teams such as framework applications, business applications, infrastructure and operations, technology architecture, or service delivery.
We seek students who are majoring in information technology, computer engineering, or systems administration and have skills in programming, information security, database design/theory, quality assurance, systems set up, and customer service.
These are some of the projects interns completed over the summer
- Developed enhancements and new functionality for the internal website MyEsri
- Assisted internal clients with software, hardware, and troubleshooting needs
- Developed a process in Hadoop for mapping IP addresses from web logs to geographic locations
- Applications Accepted: September 1–December 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm PST
- Interviews: Students selected for phone interviews will be notified by email on a rolling basis October 2017–January 2018
- Internship: 12 weeks starting in late May or June
Note: After the December 31 application deadline, we will begin providing regular updates to all applicants on a rolling basis. Please log back into your account to view application status updates.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at a university in the United States. Undergrads must be in junior or senior standing
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Be able to complete a 12-week internship beginning in May or June 2018
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top