Business Intelligence Product Engineer
Are you especially talented at solving complex problems for Business Intelligence (BI) implementations? We are looking for motivated and self-directed individuals to join our development team dedicated to solving complex enterprise problems and ensuring client success by designing, building, certifying, and supporting the next generation of ArcGIS products. In your role as Product Engineer, you will use your deep knowledge of one or more enterprise BI systems (IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, etc) to identify and define customer requirements, translate them into new software designs, and contribute significantly in building software releases containing these new capabilities. Your key responsibilities will include designing, developing, analyzing, testing, documenting, releasing, and supporting Esri’s Location Analytics software.
- Develop, modify, and maintain models, reports and dashboards to be used for quality assurance, as well as in software demonstrations
- Work closely with customers and other stakeholders to identify and design key workflows
- Ensure key workflows perform satisfactorily in complex multi-user environments
- Define and develop methods to enhance product quality
- Communicate best practices for building and maintaining reports and dashboards
- Gather and document requirements for future development based on client feedback
- Five or more years of experience implementing, administrating, and applying enterprise-class business intelligence software
- Strong DBMS expertise in a commercial RDBMS
- Experience writing and tuning complex SQL
- Analytical problem-solving skills with a strong interest in finding and diagnosing software issues
- Must understand ETL processes and data conversion methods
- Ability to work with multiple teams and to prioritize requirements
- Excellent communication skills and a proficiency for writing detailed technical documentation
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Hands-on experience using and implementing GIS software such as ArcGIS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top