Business Intelligence (BI) Manager
Join the Educational Services business team to take business analytics and reporting to the next level. As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will lead a small team of technical specialists to advance the BI platform and develop reports, dashboards, and self-service analysis capabilities. You will work with stakeholders across the organization to identify business drivers to make more informed decisions and provide value to our customers.
- Apply architectural and engineering expertise to provide a BI architecture solution that meets operational requirements
- Enforce BI system policies by ensuring data integrity, efficient coding, data validation, product testing, clear documentation, and maintenance practices
- Develop a divisional BI roadmap and guide team members in setting goals to achieve deliverables
- Manage and mentor the team to deliver high quality and timely dashboards, reports, visualizations, and self-service reporting capabilities; monitor and resolve conflicting demands
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to understand business drivers, gaps, and issues to create relevant data strategies and BI capabilities
- Lead sessions on collecting business requirements and document in form of solution roadmaps and technical specifications
- Identify and prioritize gaps between the current state and industry best practices; document and share insights with BI team for building skills on technologies and processes
- Effectively monitor data to ensure consistency of data quality
- 5+ years of experience architecting business intelligence systems and solutions
- 3+ years of direct supervisory experience with BI teams and complex project lead experience
- Extensive experience with data warehousing principles and methodologies
- Proficient using the Microsoft SQL Server business intelligence stack, plus other report presentation tools
- Outstanding ability to clearly communicate data, context, and implications to business and technology stakeholders
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline (master's preferred)
- Experience working in an educational services, technical support, or software technology field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by lawideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top