Business Development Manager - Production Mapping/Global Geospatial Authorities
At Esri, our business development managers are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your passion for mapping, charting, and geodata production and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the team. We’re looking for individuals who are customer-oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges that global geospatial authorities face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our global government customers take advantage of advances in production mapping systems and geoanalysis to build national geospatial infrastructure to support evidence-based policy making.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate national mapping and charting industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes. Develop the technology and solutions partnerships that will drive our customer organizations to succeed.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the topographic mapping and/or maritime charting industries. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge. Represent Esri in related international standards organizations and industry associations.
- Deliver results. Collaborating with Esri partners and global distributors, successfully develop the go-to-market strategy and execute the sales capture processes. Provide subject matter expertise and mentorship to Esri regional and distributor account executives. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for national mapping and hydrographic organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute capture strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the production mapping and charting industries and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- 5+ years of business development or enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Experience in managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of government fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in GIS, information systems, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Leadership or management experience with a national mapping or charting organization
- Knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top