Business Development Manager - NATO
Do you have experience developing business in enterprise software solutions with NATO in a team environment, directly and through channels? Are you a top performing national security sales and business development executive who wants to continue building a winning career? Utilize your understanding of National Security organizations and multi-channel software business development experience in Europe to help NATO leverage geographic technology to achieve its goals.
- Develop a business development and sales strategy that employs direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of Esri’s solutions in NATO in Europe
- Manage Esri’s NATO agreements and deployed licenses
- Ensure the continued success of all Esri’s NATO software deployments
- Collaborate with Esri staff, Esri distributors and the European sales team to create an opportunity development plan that is actionable and provides a clear direction for all of Esri’s software and services to NATO customers or prospects within a portfolio of targeted accounts
- Orchestrate a virtual team of Esri staff, Esri distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies for specific NATO opportunities
- Work directly with Esri’s European distributors to represent to NATO customers and prospects the value of Esri’s technology and solutions supported by business case development, references, and ROI
- Support Esri distributors to increase their successful development and execution of NATO sales activities to achieve internal business objectives in the National Security sector
- Co-develop proposals to respond to NATO RFPs, RFIs, and tenders as appropriate
- Maintain familiarity with Esri offerings for the National Security sector in the European market
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of experience providing technical solutions to NATO or an equivalent National Security organization
- Demonstrated ability to sell enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel in a team environment, or demonstrated ability to work as a team promoting and developing software solutions in a National Security organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage the acquisition cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and further developing an account
- Ability to think strategically and divergently while acting independently to successfully manage and achieve short-term goals
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent English (verbal and written)
- Be based out of the Esri Europe office in Rotterdam
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Europe with occasional travel to the US
- Two or more years of experience working in the areas of BI, marketing, market planning, supply chain, or other key business area
- Ability to develop competencies in other individual contributors and teams with a goal toward self-sufficiency in that group
- Experience working for a global consulting organization involved in business process improvement for NATO in the areas of engineering, operations, customer care and finance
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products
- The ability to communicate in other languages
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a NATO security clearance
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top