Business Development Manager - National Security
Do you have experience working with enterprise GIS in the European national security domain? Have you sold enterprise GIS software solutions to European national security organizations in a team environment, directly and or through channels? Are you a top performing national security professional or business development executive who wants to continue building a winning career? Utilize your understanding of national security and multi-channel software business development experience to help European national security organizations leverage geographic technology to achieve their mission.
- Manage and lead the Esri European National Security Team to develop a business development and sales strategy that employs direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of Esri’s solutions in national security in Europe including NATO and the EU
- Collaborate with internal team members, Esri distributors, and the European sales team to create an opportunity development plan that is actionable and provides a clear direction for all of Esri’s software and services to customers or prospects within a portfolio of targeted national security accounts
- Lead a virtual team of Esri staff, Esri distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies for specific national security opportunities
- Work directly with Esri’s European distributors to represent to customers and prospects the value of Esri’s technology and solutions supported by business case development, references, and ROI
- Support Esri distributors to increase their successful development and execution of sales activities to achieve internal business objectives in the national security sector
- Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders as appropriate
- Maintain familiarity with Esri offerings for the national security community in the European market
- Five or more years of enterprise business development experience providing technical solutions to national security clients, or five or more years working in a national security organization
- Ability to think strategically and divergently while acting independently to successfully manage and achieve short-term goals
- Proven ability to lead a virtual team, plan, prioritize, and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to sell enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel in a team environment, or demonstrated ability to work as a team promoting and developing software solutions in a national security organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage the acquisition cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and further developing an account
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English) and negotiation skills
- Willingness to be based out of the Esri Europe office in Rotterdam
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Europe with occasional travel to the US
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Two or more years of experience working in the areas of BI, marketing, market planning, supply chain, or other key business area
- Ability to develop competencies in other individual contributors and teams with a goal toward self-sufficiency in that group
- Experience working for a global consulting organization involved in business process improvement for national security organizations in the areas of engineering, operations, customer care, and finance
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products
- The ability to communicate in other European languages
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a NATO security clearance
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top