Business Development Manager - National Security
Do you have experience developing business around enterprise software solutions in a team environment to national security clients, directly and through channels? Are you a top performing sales and business development executive who wants to continue building a winning career? Utilize your understanding of the national security market and multi-channel software sales experience to help governments and businesses leverage geographic technology to achieve their goals.
- Develop a business development and sales strategy that employs direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of Esri’s solutions in national security in the Middle East and Africa
- Collaborate with Esri distributors and business development team to create an opportunity development plan that is actionable and provides a clear direction for all of Esri’s software and services to customers or prospects within a portfolio of targeted accounts
- Orchestrate a virtual team of solution architects/engineers, distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of business development strategies for specific opportunities
- Work directly with our Middle Eastern and African distributors to represent to customers and prospects the value of Esri technology and solutions supported by business case development, references, and ROI
- Support distributors to increase their successful development and execution of business development activities to achieve internal business objectives in the national security sector
- Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders as appropriate
- Maintain familiarity with Esri offerings for the national security sector in the Middle East and Africa
- Ten or more years of experience in the national security market working with defense, intelligence, law enforcement, or emergency management organizations
- Ten or more years of enterprise business development experience providing technical solutions to national security customers and businesses
- Demonstrated ability to promote enterprise software solutions through direct sales and through channel partners in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage the business development cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and further developing an account
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the Middle East and Africa with occasional travel to the US
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to develop competencies in other individual contributors and teams with a goal toward self-sufficiency in that group
- Experience working for a global consulting organization involved in business process improvement for national security in the areas of engineering, operations, customer care, and finance
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products
- Ability to think strategically and divergently while acting independently to successfully manage and achieve short-term goals
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Arabic and English
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top