Business Development Manager - National Mapping, Statistics & Imagery
Do you have experience selling enterprise software solutions to National Government organizations in a team environment, directly and through channels? Are you a top performing sales and business development executive who wants to continue building a winning career? Utilize your understanding of the National Mapping, Land Administration, National Statistics and or Imagery/Remote Sensing industries and multi-channel software sales experience to help businesses leverage geographic technology to achieve their goals.
- Develop a business development and sales strategy that employs direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of Esri’s solutions in National Governments in the industries of National Mapping, Land Administration, National Statistics and or Imagery/Remote Sensing. in Asia
- Collaborate with Esri distributors and sales team to create an opportunity development plan that is actionable and provides a clear direction for all of Esri’s software and services to customers or prospects within a portfolio of targeted accounts
- Orchestrate a virtual team of Esri distributors, solution engineers, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies for specific opportunities
- Work directly with our Asian distributors to represent to customers and prospects the value of Esri’s technology and solutions supported by business case development, references, and ROI
- Support Esri distributors to increase their successful development and execution of sales activities to achieve internal business objectives in the National Government sector
- Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders as appropriate
- Maintain familiarity with Esri offerings for the National Government sector in Asia
- Ten or more years of experience in the National Government market working within at least one of the following areas of National Mapping, Land Administration, National Statistics or Remote Sensing
- Ten or more years of enterprise sales experience providing technical solutions to National Government clients, partners and businesses
- Demonstrated ability to sell enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage the sales cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and further developing an account
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Asia with occasional travel to the US
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to develop competencies in other individual contributors and teams with a goal toward self-sufficiency in that group
- Experience working for a global consulting organization involved in business process improvement for National Government in the areas of engineering, operations, customer care and finance
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products
- Ability to think strategically and divergently while acting independently to successfully manage and achieve short-term goals
- Ability to speak, read and write in English and one other Asian language
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top