Business Development Manager - National Government
Do you have experience developing business around enterprise software solutions in a team environment for national government clients, directly and through channels? Are you a top performing sales and business development executive who wants to continue building a winning career? Utilise your understanding of the National Mapping, Land Administration, National Statistics, Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, First Response, Defence and/or Intelligence market to help governments and businesses leverage geographic technology to achieve their goals.
- Collaborate with Esri staff, Esri distributors, and the Asia Pacific sales team to create an opportunity development plan that is actionable and provides a clear direction for all of Esri’s software and services to customers or prospects within a portfolio of targeted national government accounts
- Work in a virtual team of Esri staff, Esri distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies for specific national government opportunities
- Work directly with Esri’s Asia Pacific distributors to represent to customers and prospects the value of Esri’s technology and solutions supported by business case development, references, and ROI
- Support Esri distributors to increase their successful development and execution of sales activities to achieve internal business objectives in the national government sector
- Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders as appropriate
- Maintain familiarity with Esri offerings for the national government community in the Asia Pacific market
- Five or more years of enterprise business development experience providing technical solutions to national government customers, partners and businesses
- Ability to think strategically and divergently while acting independently to successfully manage and achieve short-term goals
- Demonstrated ability to sell enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel in a team environment, or demonstrated ability to work as a team promoting and developing software solutions in a national government organisation
- Demonstrated ability to manage the acquisition cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and further developing an account
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the Asia Pacific with occasional travel to the US
- Experience working for a global consulting organisation involved in business process improvement for national government organisations in the areas of engineering, operations, customer care, and finance
- Highly motivated team player with a mature, positive attitude and a passion for driving the use of GIS to meet the challenges and opportunities of business
- Knowledge of and experience using Esri products
- The ability to speak, read and write in English and preferably one other Asian language
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top