Business Development Manager
At Esri, our business development managers collaborate with distributors to co-sell and promote the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to utilize your enterprise sales and multi-channel software business development experience to help leverage geographic technology in west Africa. You will work closely with Esri’s Dubai office and distributor network to help customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems. When you are not traveling throughout West Africa, you will be based in Nigeria.
- Drive opportunities. Collaborate with staff, distributors, and the WAMEA sales team to create an opportunity development plan that provides clear direction for all software and services to customers or prospects. Form a collaborative virtual team of staff, distributors, strategic partners, and integrators to support the development and execution of sales strategies.
- Think strategically. Develop a business development and sales strategy that employs direct and channel approaches to significantly expand the use of our solutions in West Africa.
- Partner with distributors. Work with Esri’s distributors to demonstrate the value of our technology and solutions to customers and prospects through business case development, references, and ROI. Support distributors to increase the execution of sales activities to achieve internal business objectives. Co-develop proposals to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and tenders.
- Deliver results. Manage Esri’s agreements and deployed licenses. Ensure continued success of all Esri’s software deployments. Be familiar with Esri offerings in this market.
- 5+ years of experience providing geospatial, location intelligence, or data analytics solutions
- Experience selling enterprise software solutions directly and through a channel
- Ability to manage the acquisition cycle including prospecting, proposing, closing, and developing an account
- Capability to quickly learn new technology and translate it into solutions that address customer needs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Master of English and French (verbal and written)
- Ability to travel without restriction extensively throughout the Middle East and West Africa with occasional travel to the US
- Experience with Esri products
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in the areas of BI, marketing, market planning, supply chain, or other key business areas
- Experience working for a global consulting organization involved in business process improvement in the areas of engineering, operations, customer care, and finance
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top