Business Development Coordinator
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, applications, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation.
Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation and implementation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
We are looking for individuals who are customer-oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying opportunities, building relationships, and supporting our customers. Use your strong organizational abilities and communication skills to support the continued growth and positioning of Esri’s short- and long-term services offerings and match customer requirements with the right service solution as they define and implement a geospatial strategy.
- Understand and engage with our customers. Discover the value of location within customer workflows and drive substantial return on their investment in our platform and services by creating outstanding proposals and winning work with strategic customers.
- Develop and grow business. Cultivate business opportunities and propose Services Programs offerings with new and existing customers both domestically and internationally.
- Collaborate with your team. Work in partnership with Professional Services sector and industry leads and Business Development account teams to identify and qualify new business opportunities and be a part of shaping the future for our clients.
- Build relationships. Establish, develop, and expand relationships with Business Development colleagues, partners, and international distributors. Liaise with other key internal groups on relevant sales enablement activities.
- Deliver results. Define and successfully execute proposals, quotes, and reports that clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform. Develop and maintain relevant systems, guidelines, policies, and templates to support effective business development and opportunity capture.
- 2+ years of experience serving in a commercial business role:
- Discovering, understanding, and capturing business requirements
- Advising customers on options and costs associated with varied solutions or services offerings
- Providing input to the development of formal business cases
- Coordinating related business activities within a professional services environment
- Strong understanding of the ArcGIS platform
- Ability to coordinate, manage, and maintain visibility on multiple accounts
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn—you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment and work collaboratively to meet targeted objectives
- Excellent written communication, storytelling, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize, coordinate, and complete multiple simultaneous activities
- Bachelor’s in business, geography, GIS, or a related field (master's preferred)
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Salesforce, Professional Services Automation, SharePoint, and/or other business management/reporting systems
- Experience working with customers in a service-oriented business environment
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Marcella C.Director, Digital Sales
Marcella helps customers understand Esri technology and how it can help them solve their problems. She ensures they choose the right mix of software, services, and training for their specific needs.
Back to top