- Redlands, CA
Interpret and contextualize business strategy for operational needs and help bridge gaps between strategy and execution. In this role, you will work collaboratively with business process analysts, technical architects, and other subject matter experts in various business functions and information technology teams to define practical solutions and assist in implementation of solutions. You will play a key role in developing specific artifacts such as business capability maps and value streams and helping streamline and rationalize IT enablement processes, tools, and technology.
Our ideal candidate is business outcome driven and results oriented and able to think strategically for long-term success yet can identify and implement short-term solutions that deliver business value. You may have supervisory responsibility and will be a coach and mentor to junior members of the architecture team.
- Drive and facilitate strategic discussions with business leaders to elicit and understand business goals, strategies, and objectives
- Identify business capabilities that are required for the attainment of current and future business goals using structured business architecture approaches and methodologies
- Frame information in a broader organizational context; engage stakeholders; and influence and facilitate cross-functional alignment of goals, strategies, and objectives to influence change
- Create and maintain artifacts including capability models, value stream maps, business process, and technology inventories
- Design and lead assessments to determine current state maturity of business capabilities (develop heatmaps), identify future state maturity needed to attain business goals, and assess gaps and develop roadmaps to close them
- Present practical, actionable recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely for non-technical audiences ensuring solutions meet business needs and enables strategies
- Anticipate emerging business and technology trends and regulatory/risk issues as a basis for recommending large-scale operations or technology improvements
- 7-10 years of experience in business and/or enterprise architecture
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions, visualize and create models that can be used to explain abstract concepts in simple terms, and mature the business architecture
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Exceptional communication (written, verbal and presentations) skills and the ability to communicate in simple and effective terms at all levels of the organization
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Bachelor's in computer science, business, communications, or related field; MBA is a plus
- Formal training/certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, Business Process Management (BPM), Agile/Scrum, Agile
- Extension of the BABOK
- Project Management (PMI) training and/or experience
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and business architecture frameworks (TOGAF, BIZBOK, ArchiMate)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top