Business Analyst- Enterprise Data & BI
In this role you will be responsible for identifying business intelligence and data analysis needs, working closely with business and technical teams to turn data into critical insights that can be used to make sound business decisions. You will work with businesses to determine requirements, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and BI processes. This includes working with business and development teams to design, and document reports, dashboards, alerts, and exception reporting.
- Work on highly complex, cross functional, enterprise business intelligence solutions
- Provide subject matter expertise for key enterprise data and BI core functions
- Participate in work stream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions
- Develop and reviews work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet timeframes
- Participate in project management estimation process and plan service demand forecasts
- Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes
- Evaluate internal and external customers’ needs and abilities in order to provide appropriate solutions
- Advise management on how BI plays a critical role in improving business management and optimization
- Explore data to discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends
- Develop best practices for report deployments
- Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business
- Recommend quality metrics and ensures quality metrics are documented and tracked
- Provide guidance, training, and problem solving assistance to other team members
- A minimum of 10 years of business analysis or related technical experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or equivalent work experience
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Strong knowledge of critical data elements and workflows associated with the business
- Experience managing high priority, high visibility projects
- Experience with meta data management, data controls, data provisioning, data quality concepts, best practices and tools
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of business intelligence, data analytics, and data management policies and practices in a complex organizational environment
- Experience with data analysis, data quality and data governance techniques
- Experience in business process improvement and quality assurance
- Exposure to Master Data Management and Big Data Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of the software industry and its business functional areas strongly preferred
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top