Business Analyst - Data Management & Governance
Actively engage with business and technical staff to define requirements, model processes, and ensure the quality of technical documentation meets the defined standards. Regularly participate in teams with stakeholders from IT and the business when data management and governance participation is required. Deliverables will include requirements gathering utilizing visual toolsets to clearly document data and process workflows.
- Work with requestors to document requirements, business value, outcomes, potential issues, information classification/security
- Partner with developers to create and maintain technical documentation
- Assist with the work intake process for the data management and governance team
- Facilitate conversations with business and technical staff to define and document processes, rules, service levels, and responsibilities
- Assist internal staff by creating quality documentation and ensure it remains current
- Data validation and user testing
- Report development
- 2+ years of experience in developing business process framework documentation
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills working with all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs
- Ability to set individual priorities and help a team plan to complete tasks and organizational objectives
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented and flexible
- Bachelor's in business, mathematics, or related field
- Knowledge of data structures, data warehousing, and SQL
- Understanding of common frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman)
- Working knowledge of core business platforms (SAP, Salesforce, Adobe, Microsoft)
- Experience creating reports and analytics using Excel, Power BI, or other BI tools such as BusinessObjects or Cognos
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top