At Esri, we believe in helping our customers take on challenging geospatial problems and making a difference in the world. Join our team of talented and passionate engineers and help us build the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise, a suite of products delivering state-of-the-art geospatial capability to thousands of our customers and millions of users worldwide.
Our team builds cutting-edge, highly scalable, and reliable distributed software for on-premises and the cloud. We make maps, geographic information, and analyses available on any device, anywhere, at any time. We are looking for a talented and experienced professional to help build the next generation of big data analytics capability in ArcGIS Enterprise. In this role you will work closely with development engineers and product engineers to design, build and deliver a scalable and distributed computational framework for advanced geospatial analysis. Members of this team develop a deep understanding of customer needs and have an acumen towards building quality software. Our product engineers provide a strong technical voice in the product development process and use the best tools available to build highly reliable, sustained, and evolutionary software.
- Collaborate with developers and fellow product engineers to design, build, and deliver new ArcGIS Enterprise components for big data geospatial analysis
- Develop deployment and implementation design of cloud native microservices for big data analysis
- Design and develop automated test cases and quality assurance processes
- Plan, execute, and certify software releases
- Troubleshoot and triage customer issues
- Share workflows via help topics, blog posts, conference presentations, tutorials, and samples
- 2+ years of experience with data science or geospatial analysis in ArcGIS or other spatial technology
- 1+ years of experience working with distributed compute and storage technologies such as Apache Spark and Elasticsearch
- 1+ years of experience in software testing or software development
- Fundamental understanding of web services like REST
- Ability to automate workflows via scripting
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passionate about building and delivering quality software
- Organized with effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's or master's in engineering, computer science, math, GIS, geography, or related field
- Interest in building, deployment, and management of large-scale distributed systems
- 1+ years of experience with developing and implementing test plans and test automation for UI and/or web services
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker containers and orchestration such as Kubernetes
- Experience with test frameworks such as Selenium, JMeter, or Ready API
- Experience building and delivering software products
- Experience with Java, Python, or other scripting languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.