Back-End Web Developer - ArcGIS Urban
At the Esri R&D Center-Zurich, we develop innovative urban planning software such as CityEngine and the new ArcGIS Urban. We are looking for creative, smart engineers to help us build the next generation of urban planning tools. As a software engineer at Esri you will be solving challenges that make a difference in the world.
- Help design and implement a new back-end for a new cloud-based application using cutting-edge technologies (GraphQL, WebAssembly)
- Develop a scalable, testable, maintainable architecture
- Advise in matters of software architecture and database design
- Apply and promote software engineering best practices
- Work in a small and dynamic team of people passionate about what they do
- Help shape the future of urban planning
- Excellent programming skills in any modern programming language
- 2+ years of industry experience in web application development
- Excellent communication skills: you can clearly articulate the reasons behind design decisions
- Ability to think creatively
- Master’s in computer science or equivalent experience working with web technologies
- Existing work authorization for Switzerland
- Experience with ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, and/or ArcGIS Enterprise
- Experience with Agile software development methods (Scrum, etc.)
- Interest in (learning all about) urban design and planning as well as 3D mapping, 3D GIS, and BIM
- Free lunches and fresh fruit
- Free coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Fun team activities
- Competitive salary
- 40-hour work week
- Flexible working hours
- Dynamic, fast-growing international team
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top