Automation Engineer - Apps
Are you eager to use your problem-solving abilities and passion for software quality to help build compelling mobile and web apps? Join our fast-paced apps team and create native geospatial applications across a wide variety of platforms.
- Collaborate with product engineers and software developers to build new app software releases
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scenarios to address business and technical use cases including determining if requirements are clear and testable and analyzing and communicating automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Lead automation project plan, scope, schedule, and implementation of test and project level architecture within the automation framework
- Continually expand scope of automated test coverage and frameworks
More experienced individuals will:
- Help define the product roadmap and provide leadership to a small team
- Assist with implementation designs and product architecture
- You have a passion for quality, are detail oriented, and know how to break software
- Proficiency in a modern software language such as Java, C#, or Ruby
- Familiar with web services and have a solid understanding of service-oriented architecture
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- You love automating things
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience automating software tests, including low-level (non-UI) tests
- Familiar with test automation tools such as Appium, Cucumber, Selenium, or Coded UI
- Experience testing mobile or web applications
- Comfortable working with GitHub in a team environment
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with software development processes
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top