This is a challenging opportunity to execute and manage the operational functions of the Finance and Accounting department under the leadership of the Corporate Controller. In this position, you'll be responsible for multiple companies in relation to the general ledger, disbursements, inventory accounting, royalty accounting, fixed assets, revenue recognition, and any external audit efforts.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work with various technologies, document processes and workflows, and understand how to incorporate better frontend controls in those processes. Additionally, you must be able to adapt quickly to changes in existing systems and processes and demonstrate the ability to learn and deploy new technologies effectively.
- Supervision and day-to-day activity of the accounting department
- Oversee month-end close for all companies on an individual and consolidated basis
- Ensure accuracy in financial statements
- Lead and coordinate external audits for both US and non-US corporations
- Assist in the development and regular review of internal control policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance to US-GAAP and various other international reporting standards
- Work with the tax organization for appropriate tax provisions and accrual handling of refunds for both direct and indirect taxes
- Promote and lead continuous process improvements for efficiency and cost savings
- Develop and mentor staff to perform at their highest potential
- Lead and coordinate the Finance and Accounting internship program supporting local college efforts
- 5+ years of professional work experience in a medium to large shared service accounting organization
- 7+ years of people management experience
- Strong analytical, project management, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- International operational accounting experience
- Strong computer system skills including SAP working experience and standard Microsoft Office tools
- Bachelor’s or higher in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA preferred
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top