ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt Product Engineer
If you have a passion for GIS and the latest developer technologies, Esri may be the place for you! We’re on a mission to hire talented software engineers who can help us find innovative ways to make Esri software reach new audiences. As an engineer on the Runtime SDK team, your responsibilities will range from designing and testing new features to communicating how to use the developer APIs and improving usability of the Qt SDK.
- Build great looking example apps and samples using the latest platform technologies and features
- Design APIs for new features
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- Create user documentation and tutorials showing best practice development techniques
- Keep up to date with current GIS and developer technology and trends
More experienced individuals will:
- Examine complex user workflows and define solutions
- Present and evangelize our products in the user community through presentations, hackathons, webinars, forums, blogs, and social media
- Collaborate with Esri developers to further expand our products and help to define the product roadmap
- Lead and coordinate teams of engineers to deliver software products
- Assist with implementation designs and product architecture
- Analyze our current delivery process and suggest new techniques that will help us deliver high-quality features to our customers faster
- Knowledge of development on one or more of the following platforms: Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS, Android
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with GIS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, mathematics, or a related field, depending on position level
- 2+ years of commercial application development experience
- Ability to design great application user experiences
- Experience architecting and designing software products
- Hands-on experience with Esri ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Passion for exploring and experimenting with the latest developer technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top