ArcGIS Online QA Tester
Come join our content team and work to design, develop, and implement deployment and testing solutions for the ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World and our advanced mapping and/or content projects. You’ll work with a team of exceptional geographic content engineers, geospatial analysts, and cartographers who design, build, and release a rich and ever-increasing array of maps, geographic data and services, and other GIS content for our user community.
- Collaborate with programmers and product engineers on content, development, and systems project teams to identify requirements, strategize on solutions, and implement new processes
- Define and develop methods to enhance content product quality and improve QA and release productivity
- Learn existing QA and web deployment technologies and troubleshoot deployment and production issues on live web environments
- Ensure key content production workflows for content, system QA, and release perform satisfactorily and efficiently
- Help support certification of system and content releases for online and content product releases including ArcGIS Online basemaps, demographics, and landscape, Data Appliance for ArcGIS, and the Living Atlas within ArcGIS Enterprise
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Continually expand scope of automated test coverage and frameworks
- Perform daily testing analysis, investigation, and identification of content problems
- You are a person who strives for excellence, a game changer who can think outside the box, and a problem solver who excels at designing and developing test automation
- Proven ability to approach problems in innovative ways
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Technical background in web technologies
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- Demonstrated experience in software or database testing
- Proficiency in a modern software language such as Python or Java
- Strong understanding of hosted web services, systems, dev to QA to production release
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top