ArcGIS Online Product Engineer for REST API
Are you looking for a fast and challenging career where you can combine your passion for software development, APIs, and the web? The ArcGIS Online Team is at the heart of the ArcGIS platform, changing the way we think about geographic data and empowering users to expand the use of GIS. Your responsibilities will range from designing and testing new features to communicating how to use the REST API and improving usability of the product.
- Collaborate with the front-end development team to build new capabilities and define needed APIs
- Author and maintain REST API documentation as well as create compelling samples showing best practice techniques
- Develop and perform automation testing to assess product quality
- Manage software quality issues from the user community and teams within Esri
- Be an advocate for the user and represent the user in product design and delivery
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms and services such as Amazon S3, SQS, EC2, and Azure services
- Fundamental understanding of web services including SOAP and REST
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver work within time constraints, in teams and individually
- Effective organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Demonstrated experience with the following: testing of software, requirements gathering, and documenting process
- Proven ability to define, manage, and deliver geospatial solutions
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top