ArcGIS Desktop Specialist
Do you have a unique combination of collaborative, technical, and customer service skills? Learn about the latest Esri technology in this consultative support role while providing timely, expert assistance to our users by phone, e-mail, and chat. Join the team whose mission is to continue Esri’s long standing commitment of supporting and responding to our user community.
- Provide high-quality technical support and customer service to end users through effective communication and efficient troubleshooting
- Resolve technical issues related to Esri developer products using Esri tools and other related technologies
- Maintain comprehensive documentation in customer relationship management (CRM) system
- As a Subject Matter Expert, author and tech edit knowledge articles available to internal and external users
- Identify issues and log defects for software improvements
- Work in other technical areas of software support as customer and business needs require
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to patiently communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Solid understanding of GIS theory and applications
- Experience using Esri software, specifically ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Pro
- Fluent in English with proficient written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, process large amounts of information, and adapt to a changing work environment
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Parcel fabric management and editing
- ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop
- Esri Roads and Highways extension
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geography, environmental science, computer science, management information systems, or other relevant field, depending on position level (master's preferred)
- Background in software support or technical customer service with direct end user contact
- Knowledge of Windows, geoprocessing, geocoding, coordinate systems, AutoCAD, ArcGIS Business Analyst, land records (parcel fabrics), Python, caching, raster, spatial, 3D, ArcGIS Network Analyst, Citrix, ArcGIS Online
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top