ArcGIS Data Scientist Product Engineer - Imagery
Join our imagery team and work to design, implement, and test imagery machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence techniques in order to detect objects in imagery, label the objects, and classify pixels. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate traditional GIS and remote sensing workflows for extracting information from imagery. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to writing great user documentation, conceptualize and build demonstrations, and collect user requirements which will help drive future releases. You will also have a chance to exercise and develop your software development experience with programming languages such as C++ and Python.
- Design and test new ArcGIS integrations with common toolkits such as CNTK and TensorFlow
- Explore transfer learning and other techniques to make use of existing models
- Help design and test modules in the ArcGIS API for Python
- Design, document, and execute regression test suites as well as acceptance criteria workflows and user scenarios
- Analyze daily test results and report daily quality status
- 2-5 years of experience in machine learning or data science
- Prior experience or significant academic project work involving training models
- Advanced programming skills with C++ or Python
- Basic knowledge of GIS and remote sensing
- Excellent test engineering and problem-solving skills
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and contribute to producing quality commercial software
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, geography, or related field, depending on position level
- Expert in the Python language and package ecosystem
- Prior experience with CNTK, TensorFlow, or other machine learning toolkits
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure such as AWS or Azure
- ArcGIS Pro experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top