Apps Product Engineer
Do you like working with the latest mobile technologies? Are you energetic, motivated, and want to help build great mapping and analysis apps? Whether you favor iOS, Android, or Windows, this fast-paced team environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in. Join our apps team and create compelling native geospatial apps across a wide variety of platforms. We are looking for exceptional people to look beyond the traditional uses of GIS and continue to reach new audiences with Esri software.
- Design and develop highly responsive Android, iOS, and Windows-based apps and frameworks
- Provide apps that offer users with innovative solutions
- Collaborate with Esri developers to ensure they understand app goals and end user requirements
- Evaluate and provide feedback on app designs
- Define and complete robust test workflows
- Assess product quality and release readiness
- Author user documentation and tutorials
- Deliver applications that provide users with innovative solutions
More experienced individuals will:
- Understand user workflows and improve the delivery process
- Assist with implementation designs and product architecture
- Experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver work, in teams or individually
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- You have a passion for quality, are detail oriented, and focused on driving efficiency
- Proficiency in a modern software language such as Java, C#, Ruby, Python, or Swift
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
- Proven ability to define, manage, and deliver geospatial solutions to users
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top