Apps Product Engineer
Do you like working with the latest mobile technologies? Are you energetic and motivated and want to help build great mapping and analysis apps? Whether you favor iOS, Android, or Windows, this fast-paced team environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
Powered by the industry-leading ArcGIS mapping platform, ArcGIS apps get the job done through their sheer focus, geographic awareness, and readiness to work. Come join the apps team and create compelling native geospatial apps across a wide variety of platforms. We are looking for exceptional people to look beyond the traditional uses of GIS and continue to reach new audiences with Esri software.
- Collaborate with development teams to build new capabilities and support workflows
- Evaluate and provide feedback on new software designs through design reviews and implementation reviews
- Perform automation testing to assess product quality as well as in-field testing and customer workflow evaluation to confirm release readiness
- Work with internal product teams across the ArcGIS platform to influence upcoming features
- Write conceptual topics and step-by-step tutorials geared towards GIS administrators or field workers to aid in the deployment of our apps
More experienced individuals will:
- Understand user workflows and develop software designs
- Design and develop highly responsive Android, iOS, and Windows-based apps and frameworks
- Assist with software designs and product architecture
- Experience with ArcGIS software or other geospatial technology
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver work, in teams or individually
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Proficiency in a modern software language such as Python, Ruby, Java, C#, or Swift
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Proven ability to define, manage, and deliver geospatial solutions
- Prior experience with software development and release of commercial software products
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top