Are you an analyst who is passionate about data and eager to contribute to the next generation of US population estimates? Consider this role, where you will work with a multidisciplinary team to forecast small area population characteristics, market segmentation, and consumer behavior patterns. This data is leveraged across the Esri platform through web maps, infographics, data enrichment, and custom applications including ArcGIS Business Analyst and the Living Atlas of the World.
- Work independently within a small team to estimate and forecast demographic data down to the neighborhood level for the entire US
- Investigate new data sources and innovate new methodologies to advance proprietary techniques for demographic data modeling
- Prepare documentation and white papers showcasing methods and trends
- 2+ years of experience with estimating and forecasting characteristics of small geographic areas
- Proficiency with statistical programming languages: SAS (preferred), R, or Python
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively present detailed analysis to internal and external data users
- Demonstrate attention to detail, organized data management practices, and enthusiasm for learning and research
- Bachelor’s or master’s in in demography, economics, statistics, data science, or related quantitative field
- Experience using decennial census and American Community Survey data
- Experience with statistical techniques such as cluster analysis, time series analysis, and iterative proportional fitting techniques
- Experience with spatial and GIS concepts
- Experience working with large databases and big data tools
- Experience with data visualization techniques
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top