Applications Prototype Specialist - Server
The Applications Prototype Lab is an applied R&D center within Esri leveraging the ArcGIS platform
in new and unique ways. As a member of the team, you will be tasked with building thought leadership
demonstrations and prototypes that push the boundaries of Esri’s geospatial tools and technology. We work with the core software development team, however we don't shy away from other geospatial solutions--hardware- or software-based--either.
We are looking for someone with a passion for server technologies, not afraid to think outside the box, and values continuous learning and pushing technology boundaries. You should be eager to break our existing software; however, when you break things, you'll be expected to build a working prototype on how things should work--or, even better--build prototypes showing that anything is possible with the Esri software stack.
- Stay current with new and evolving server technologies
- Participate in internal QA/QC initiatives such as holistic testing
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies on your own
- Apply technology trends to geospatial concepts
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts using ArcGIS Enterprise
- Hands-on experience configuring back-end solutions
- Passion for original, out-of-the-box approaches to solving problems
- Interest in geospatial software and pushing new techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Familiarity with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to Java, Python, C#
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Hands-on experience and expertise with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of distributed systems (scientific, sensor networks, databases) and machine learning frameworks
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
- Familiarity with data science
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top