Applications Prototype Specialist
The Applications Prototype Lab is an applied R&D center within Esri leveraging the ArcGIS platform
in new and unique ways. As a member of the team, you will be tasked with building thought leadership
demonstrations and prototypes that push the boundaries of Esri’s geospatial tools and technology. We work with the core software development team, however we don't shy away from other geospatial solutions--hardware- or software-based--either.
- Participate in developer and user conferences
- Participate in internal QA/QC initiatives such as holistic testing
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies on your own
- Hands-on experience building web applications
- Passion for original, out-of-the-box approaches to solving problems
- Interest in geospatial software and pushing new techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level (master’s preferred)
- Familiarity with geospatial concepts
- Familiarity with WebGL, HTML Canvas, and related web technologies
- Excellent creative thinking and communication skills
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Salim S.Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top