Application Support Manager
Use your years of hands-on IT experience and leadership skills to lead a team of systems administrators and engineers supporting business critical applications. In this hands-on role, you will plan, direct, and coordinate technology projects to ensure goals meet or exceed clients' expectations.
- Manage and provide leadership and direction to application support staff
- Provide support to internal teams, management, and vendors in identifying computing needs and system requirements
- Articulate technical information and provide it to business leaders and management
- Oversee and perform application implementation and production administration
- Plan, design, and implement complex IT systems and introduce solutions that enable Esri to leverage new technologies which will enhance productivity, reliability, and performance
- Resolve complex issues on our core applications/system; this may include system architecture design, capacity planning, and project management
- Guide the support of applications in multiple OS and platforms, in both VM and cloud environments
- Consistently collaborate with IST team members to solve complex procedural operational and technical problems
- Research and develop standards, proposals, and processes to prompt growth, maturity, and effectiveness of the IST department
- Ensure the team provides outstanding customer service in resolving tickets and managing incident and problem management
- Manage the 24x7 support for all critical applications
- Minimum of 7 years of experience leading a team of 5 or more responsible for supporting business critical applications
- Ten or more years of practical, service-oriented experience in the IT field including experience with Windows, Linux servers
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various databases, operating systems, middleware, and web servers
- Strong experience in various scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate with senior executives
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top