Android SDK Test Engineer
If you have a passion for the Android platform and for building in quality from the start, Esri may be the place for you! We’re on a mission to find talented software engineers who can help us build and test our Android API and SDK. As an engineer on the team, your work will involve finding ways to break our code, developing and implementing new tests, and discovering ways to improve the product we deliver to our customers worldwide.
- Design, develop, and maintain automation systems and tools for the Android platform to be used by development and test engineers
- Utilize innovative test technologies to develop product test strategy
- Facilitate creation and execution of automated test suites
- Analyze user requirements as well as product architecture/design to derive testing requirements
- Design and author test cases for unit, functional, performance, scalability, and durability testing
- Write and execute automated and manual tests as needed
- Review source code for potential problems; reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes
- Analyze code coverage using industry standard tools such as BullsEye and Coverity
- Assist in assessing product quality and release readiness
- Minimum of one year of software testing experience
- A passion for quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
- Ability to understand and write code in Java, Python, or other high level languages
- Knowledge of Android app development
- Hands-on software testing or development experience with large scale GIS systems or client-server desktop, web, or mobile applications
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
- Ability to understand new technology concepts quickly and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, engineering, computer science, mathematics or a related field, depending on position level
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
- Confidence and ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as JUnit, Expresso, or other Android/mobile test frameworks
- Hands-on experience using and implementing GIS software such as ArcGIS
- Experience with commercial test tools such as BullsEye or Coverity (e.g., to interpret/analyze test coverage reports)
- UNIX/Linux experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top