Use your talent with web development to help us implement web mapping components with our clients’ applications. This position offers a diverse range of responsibilities that affect real-world decisions for multiple industries, governments, and organizations.
- Work closely with other developers and product engineers to design and develop public-facing web mapping sites for the management, manipulation, and visualization of spatial data
- Assist with application development estimating, planning, and progress tracking
- Write comprehensive technical specifications and support documentation
- Actively and effectively participate in various activities within the software development cycle
- Interface with customers to identify, develop, and implement custom components for ArcGIS web API products
- Experience with industry-standard technologies such as .NET, C#, WCF, ASP.NET/AJAX, SQL Server, and/or Flex/ActionScript
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients on the definition, development, and integration of software components
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s in computer science, geography, GIS, MIS, or related field, depending on position level; master’s in GIS, MIS, or related field preferred and may be substituted for experience
- Experience with GIS/Esri software, particularly as it applies to spatial analysis
- Familiarity with GIS software such as Esri ArcGIS for Server
- Experience with UI design concepts
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top