Administrative Assistant - State and Local Government
Apply your acute attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and strong ability to multitask to this support position with a variety of responsibilities. You will be working with various teams to coordinate complex scheduling and travel arrangements, provide advanced-level support utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite, and ensure the highest level of organization and order are maintained in our fast-paced office. This highly collaborative role is a great opportunity for a polished professional looking to be part of an ever-growing and innovative software company.
- Provide direct administrative support to various teams within the office
- Perform high volume of appointment scheduling and accurate calendar coordination
- Serve as the main administrative point of contact for the departments
- Process travel requests, expense reports, training requests, software/hardware requests, and purchase requisitions for supported team members
- Perform clerical duties such as faxing, scanning, organizing support documentation contracts, completing shipping requests, and visitor check-in
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to expedite contracts, agreements, and other time-sensitive documents and workflows
- Distribute incoming mail, documents from printers, and incoming faxes; create documents and spreadsheets as needed
- Cover the front office reception area when needed
- Strong organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating several projects at one time
- A strong focus on detail and accuracy of work, including exceptional proofreading skills
- Ability to follow up with suppliers, customers, and colleagues on requests for information and documentation
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor
- Experience providing administrative support to multiple parties simultaneously
- Team player with the ability to complete assignments under limited supervision within short time frames
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Typing speed of 55 words per minute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Minimum of three years of recent administrative work history in a corporate business environment
- Completion of business courses or special classes in administrative assistant training
- Microsoft Project and SAP knowledge
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top