Account Manager - USDA
Geospatial capabilities are critical to USDA agencies and offices. As an account manager, your role is to regularly align with key leadership and operational stakeholders to promote awareness of their current geospatial capabilities and drive high value adoption through training, services, and partner ecosystems. You'll be working closely with an extended team to develop and execute a comprehensive account strategy that will help customers facilitate their enterprise geospatial strategy and realize high return on investment. We are looking for a business development professional who has knowledge of geospatial values, is engaging, understands USDA, works well with others, and can facilitate progress in complex situations.
- Grow business and build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement geospatial strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the civilian industry. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of the national government civilian industry and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of the national government’s fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, geography, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the national government civilian industry as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Experience working directly with the USDA
- Knowledge of the USDA’s budgeting and procurement cycles
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top