Account Manager - U.S. Census Bureau
At Esri, our account managers are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your passion for the sciences industry and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of Esri’s National Government Sciences account team, supporting the U.S. Census Bureau. We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges this agency faces. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers apply geospatial science and analysis to find unique patterns, trends, and solutions hidden within complex scientific and business problems.
- Deliver results. Define and successfully execute a strategic account plan, deliver on targeted revenue goals, and leverage key sales processes for all opportunities. Maintain a healthy pipeline of growth opportunities.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for the U.S. Census Bureau. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for the U.S. Census Bureau. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate, through written proposals and in-person encounters, the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the U.S. Census Bureau and the sciences industry. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated, creative, and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues.
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Ability to effectively translate knowledge of the U.S. Census Bureau and new technology trends into real solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of the national government fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with needs-satisfaction selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating risks
- Ability to travel domestically up to 30%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, geography, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working directly with the U.S. Census Bureau
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the U.S. Census Bureau as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Knowledge of the U.S. Census Bureau’s budgeting and procurement cycles
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top