Account Manager - NGA
At Esri, our account managers are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your passion for the intelligence community and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the national government intelligence account team, supporting the NGA. We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges businesses face. You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars. Foster a cooperative selling environment with Esri's network of business partners.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the intelligence community. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to the public sector
- Experience in managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of the intelligence community and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of the national government’s fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the intelligence community as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Experience working directly with the NGA
- Knowledge of the NGA’s budgeting and procurement cycles
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top