Account Manager - Midmarket, Nonprofit & Global Organizations
At Esri, we believe GIS can help our customers make the world a better place. The Esri Nonprofit Program supports thousands of nonprofit organizations around the world in leveraging GIS to transform their organization and support their mission. We invite you to use your passion for nonprofits and experience with geospatial technology to lead this program and help take Esri’s work with these organizations to the next level. We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented, community builders, and collaborative team players who enjoy leading a team of teams approach to get things done. You’ll work closely with a team that helps to support the growth of Esri’s nonprofit community by showing them how to take advantage of location intelligence to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within their data.
- Lead the Esri Nonprofit Program. Facilitate the day-to-day execution of the program in coordination with other business units and colleagues who support the program with applications, eligibility review, evolution of offerings, related contractual documents, and sales and marketing efforts.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and grow relationships and community engagement in the nonprofit industry. Cultivate a network of collaborators and partners within Esri to support the program and community. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization or within a community. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the nonprofit sector. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the program management and community engagement aspects of this role. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute programmatic and community development strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- 1-3 years of business development experience leading sales programs and community outreach and engagement activities
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nonprofit sector and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector fiscal years, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience leading sales programs to grow markets and community
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the nonprofit market as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- General knowledge of IT concepts and practices that relate to GIS and its use in operational settings
- Experience configuring and deploying geo apps such as story maps or operations dashboards
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top