Contribute to growing the use of Esri technology to help new customers realize how leveraging the ArcGIS platform can solve their business problems. You'll work closely with a highly-skilled team that helps our customers take advantage of geo-analysis to find unique patterns, trends, and understanding hidden within complex business problems.
We invite you to use your deep understanding of geospatial technology to become an integral part of the account team. We're looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges businesses face
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Create opportunities within new lines of business. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the industry. Consistently conduct research and pursue professional development to anticipate customer needs.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute sales processes for all opportunities. Use consultative selling skills to understand the needs and business challenges of customers. Use whiteboard sessions and other techniques to support visual storytelling.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues.
- 2+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Understanding of account planning and opportunity strategy creation
- Demonstrated knowledge of the public and private sectors and new technology trends and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of an organization
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 25-50%
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the mid-market as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving
- Knowledge of industry fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
Questions about our interview process? We have answers .
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.