Account Executive - ArcGIS Indoors
Are you passionate about applying GIS to keep the built environment safe and efficient? A curious, problem-solving entrepreneur? Over the last few years Esri made a large push to make indoor mapping and positioning capabilities available for smart building applications. We’re committed to helping maintain a safe and sustainable built environment for everyone, and you can play a key role in our mission.
Our fast-growing team collaborates closely with customers, as well as our professional services and development teams to solve complex problems and win new business. You will provide insight and help shape and deliver strategies to customers on the effective adoption and use of Esri’s ArcGIS platform.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Become an expert. Become a technical expert on Esri’s platform and geospatial applications for the future of smart buildings.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Solve problems. Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to our customers by addressing the critical business challenges they face. Define and deliver platform strategies to customers that align Esri s platform with their business.
- Tell our story. Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations.
- Excellent creative thinking, listening, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a small, highly-skilled team
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the facilities design industry as they relate to one another
- Ability to apply spatial reasoning in problem solving
- Strong interest in facility design and planning as well as 3D GIS, BIM, CAD
- Interest in (learning all about) sales and business development processes
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 50%
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, planning, architecture, business, or related fields
- Demonstrate knowledge of the facility design industry and new technology trends, and the ability to translate this into solutions for customers
- 1-3 years of experience as a professional consultant in fields relating to architecture and facility design or planning
- Participation in industry associations (e.g., CoreNet, IFMA, CFTA, APPA, etc.)
- Experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top