3D Software Engineer - ArcGIS Pro Mapping
Our ArcGIS Pro 3D mapping team is on the cusp of implementing exciting new features in our software. Our teams work collaboratively in an agile setting, showcasing their passion for developing software that enables our users to visualize new communities, plan for sustainable futures, and quickly create 3D environments for film and entertainment.
In this role, you will work on sophisticated 3D functionality that will enhance existing products, contribute to new technologies, and deliver impactful results for our users. Join us on an inspiring journey as we re-envision the use of 3D to change the world.
- Design and develop 3D mapping functionality in ArcGIS Pro
- Work on exciting new 3D functionality such as animated symbols, procedurally generated models, and animations
- Work closely with developers from the ArcGIS Pro graphics engine team
- Diagnose and fix software problems, working with C++
- Develop software that is scalable, reusable, and maintainable, interacting and collaborating with our core engines teams
- Experience with software development and the release of successful commercial software products
- Strong 3D software development background with an understanding of 3D formats, data structures, and algorithms
- Superior geometry, software design and engineering, and C++ programming skills
- Ability to implement efficient software to handle large quantities of data
- Able to work as a team and communicate in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- C#/WPF programming skills
- Familiarity with OpenGL/DirectX
- Familiarity with GIS/Esri software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top