3D Platform Technical Evangelist
Join our growing 3D technology team and lead evangelism of new standards and technologies within our global partner, developer, and customer community. You'll be the public face and voice for an emerging 3D open standard and help provide feedback to influence our internal technical roadmap and to advocate for standards in the open community that solve problems for Esri customers. This role requires a highly driven, self-motivated individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills who will be successful by developing relationships and working with Esri staff, partners, customers, and collaborators in the open standards community.
- Drive the evolution of the ArcGIS 3D platform by maintaining, extending, and evangelizing the open specification for our innovative 3D data delivery formats
- Synthesize changes, updates, and new contributions from multiple teams into the open specification in alignment with ArcGIS 3D platform messaging
- Contribute to the design of new information layers and 3D data streaming services of all kinds, ranging from point clouds via strata layers to real-time 3D sensor data; develop clean, modern specifications (based on JSON and REST APIs, for example)
- Lead the writing of publicly accessible specification documentation, including the documentation and design for integrated validation tools
- Represent Esri in the open standards community and drive Esri’s standardization efforts in the 3D space; give presentations at events and conferences
- Identify, engage, and encourage 3D content creation partners to implement Esri 3D information standards as part of their business models
- Contribute partner, customer, and standards community feedback into Software Development and Product Management to help define and validate the vision and roadmap for the ArcGIS 3D platform
- Excellent knowledge of web architectures and standards, including scalability and performance
- Sound understanding of GIS concepts and computer graphics data structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire for and experience blogging and messaging through leading social media channels such as LinkedIn, SnapChat, and Twitter
- Experience with standardization working groups, such as ISO or the OGC
- Applied knowledge of 3D software for business purposes
- Minimum of three years of industry experience in a software development company as a software engineer
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment that sparks ingenuity and encourages innovative ideas
- Ability to travel to participate in industry standards organization meetings
- Master’s in computer science or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience with 3D tools such as Maya, Revit, or AutoCAD
- Knowledge of graphics APIs such as WebGL and OpenGL
- Experience with SCRUM and software development processes in general
- Experience with JIRA, GitHub, or similar issue tracking and project management software
- Familiarity with GIS tools such as ArcGIS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top