3D Graphics Developer - ArcGIS Pro
Do you love 2D or 3D visualizations and want to develop software that makes a difference in everyday lives? Use your experience in 2D/3D graphics programming to develop GIS visualization technology and expand the 2D/3D capabilities of the ArcGIS platform. In this role, you will design and develop world-class software products supporting the needs of geodesigners, urban planners, architects, engineers, and others working with geographic information.
- Design and develop leading-edge 2D/3D GIS software
- Research, analyze, and push state‐of‐the‐art in real‐time rendering technology
- Solve complex problems with design, algorithms, development, and user experience
- Find, analyze, and fix bugs/performance problems whenever and wherever they occur
- Build and ship quality software by working effectively with members of other software development teams in an agile, highly interactive, and creative environment
- Experience working in the field of software rasterization 2D and/or 3D (including advanced software algorithms for hi-performance computer graphics)
- Familiarity with the following:
- Color management and overprinting techniques
- Font/text processing (including text layouts for different languages)
- DX and OpenGL APIs (including shaders programming)
- 2D/3D data pre-processing/visualization algorithms to handle large volume of input data
- Fast disk I/O (caching/paging) techniques to cache intermediate data flow
- Human interaction techniques (keyboard, mouse, 3D input and touch devices) that we are using to interact/edit maps
- Bachelor’s (with 4+ years of experience) or master’s (with 2+ years of experience) in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, depending on position level
- PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field with clear demonstration of previous work/technology
- Working knowledge of graphics interchange file formats such as PDF, SVG, JPEG, and PNG
- Familiarity with the Esri ArcGIS platform and online services or other GIS products
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top