Senior Plumbing Engineer
Job Summary: The Senior Plumbing Engineer performs building design and engineering services for all aspects of plumbing engineering on the most complex healthcare facility projects, from concept through construction and into the operational phase of the facility. This role can act as the Engineer of Record and assist in training and mentoring staff.
- Engineering Design: As the Engineer of Record, maintains responsibility for the design, system selection and sizing, as well as the specifications of basic plumbing, medical gas, and fire protection systems. As a senior level engineer, develops and applies appropriate industry and departmental design practices. Represents Company in client facing situations.
- Project Management:Collaborates with project team members integrating plumbing elements with architecture and other engineering systems to meet design schedules; completes projects on budget while meeting client's expectations.
- Leadership: Champion ERDMAN's Vision, Mission, Goals, Values, and Service Offerings so as to inspire others to reach beyond their own expectations.
- Engineering Proficiency: Possessing and applying the knowledge and skills required to meet performance expectations of engineering.
- Project Controls: The ability to analyze project costs and schedules, compare them to the current plan, institute change management or corrective actions in order to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Industry Knowledge: Up-to-date awareness and understanding of practices, technologies, products/services, events, trends, and regulatory issues that have impact on the healthcare and other related industries to ERDMAN.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Registered Professional Engineer, required
- LEED AP, preferred
- EDAC, preferred
Relevant Experience & Knowledge:
- Knowledgeable of plumbing systems, components, equipment, controls and instrumentation
- Understanding of plumbing applications of material sciences and fluid dynamics
- Knowledgeable of building materials, building water and energy use, and sustainability
- Working knowledge of Plumbing engineering analysis tools and software. (AutoCAD and Revit)
- Knowledge of healthcare technology and trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Autodesk Revit MEP and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of medical gas and fire protection systems
- Expert knowledge of building codes
- Capable of performing hydraulic calculations and computer modeling of Plumbing systems
- Ability to create and maintain a partnership with project teams
- Publication of whitepapers or journals articles
- Webinar or conference presentations on plumbing best practices
- Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines.
- National travel is occasionally required.
Meet Some of ERDMAN's Employees
Vice President, Operations
Scott coordinates expert advice for ERDMAN clients as they move through project phases, offering everything from tech advice to overall decision support in an effort to help clients reach objectives.
Back to top