Job Summary: The Field Engineer works with field staff and assists with the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects. This individual is the liaison between the field crews/activities, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and management.
- Project Management: Provides support to the Project Manager and Superintendent by assisting with planning, scheduling, procurement, safety, and project close outs.
- Materials Procurement & Management: Manages material and equipment flow to and around project sites; coordinates material scheduling with BSG; and, subcontractor and field purchased materials.
- Documentation: Oversees construction documentation control between Architecture and Engineering (A&E) and the field; change management and documentation with subcontractors.
- Leadership: Champion ERDMAN's Vision, Mission, Goals, Values, and Service Offerings so as to inspire others to reach beyond their own expectations.
- Attention to Detail: The practice of achieving thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all involved aspects.
- Communications: The ability to clearly organize and express information and idea to meet the needs of the organization in an appropriate fashion, with sensitivity to the audience on content and context.
- Industry Knowledge: Up-to-date awareness and understanding of best practices, technologies, products/services, events, trends, and regulatory issues that have impact on the healthcare industry and senior living, as well as other related services offered by ERDMAN.
- Project Management: The process of planning, coordinating, and controlling a project from beginning to completion. Project management is aimed at meeting a client's (internal or external) requirements to produce a functionally and financially viable project.
- Safety Management: The process of creating a work environment that develops effective safety, environmental, and health strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering required, or a combination of a minimum 2 years of construction and 2-year Associates degree in a related field required.
- Completion of a college internship preferred.
Certifications and/or Licenses: None required.
Relevant Experience & Training:
- 1-3 years' experience in the construction industry
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control
- Ability to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal and OSHA requirements and completed OSHA 10-Hour Safety training
- Proficient in MS Office, Revit, Primavera P06 scheduling software, and Project management software
- Work is performed in a professional, creative, open construction project site. Appropriate PPE is required. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours. There are occasions where extra effort will be required to meet project deadlines. Great flexibility in schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines.
- 80% national travel required.
- Frequent standing and walking, 33%-65%
- Occasional sitting
- Constant lifting 0-10lbs at high pace rate, 66% or more
- Frequent lifting 11-20lbs at medium pace rates, 33%-65%
- Occasional lifting 21-49lbs at medium pace rate
- Never lifting 50+lbs
- Frequent carrying, climbing, kneeling and reaching, 33%-65%
- Occasional pushing, pulling, crawling and awkward postures,
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- Firm grasping is used when moving and lifting materials and when operating hand and power tools.
- Work will be performed in a combination of indoor and outdoor activities.
- Constant exposure to low/high temperatures, humidity, and sudden temperature changes, 66% or more
- Frequent exposure to hazardous materials such as diesel fuel, 33%-65%
- Successful completion of a physical assessment may be required.
Meet Some of ERDMAN's Employees
Vice President, Operations
Scott coordinates expert advice for ERDMAN clients as they move through project phases, offering everything from tech advice to overall decision support in an effort to help clients reach objectives.
Back to top