- Santa Barbara, CA
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Wrangler in Santa Barbara, California.
What you'll do:
The Wrangler maintains healthy horses and provides a safe riding environment for our guests.
Your job will include:
- Perform routine care to horses and livestock, including grooming and feeding.
- Saddle and unsaddle horses, adjusting equipment to accommodate each guest.
- Lead guests on rides through wooded trails and educate them on the history of the property.
- Perform maintenance for trail safety as required.
- Repair saddles and headstalls for use and safety.
- Monitor the condition of halters, lead ropes and grooming accessories.
- Clean horse corrals and load hay bales.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & skills you need:
- High school diploma, or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated horsemanship skills.
- Strong knowledge of safety standards for horse care, handling and equipment used in horse care.
- Exceptional communications, instruction and customer service skills.
- Experience with novice riders preferred.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top