- Homestead, FL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Store Supervisor in Long Key, Florida.
What you'll do:
The Store Supervisor manages the day-to-day operations of the store, including sales goal achievement, inventory monitoring and expense control oversight.
Your job will include:
- Supervise retail staff, including cashiers and employees working on the floor.
- Ensure that all merchandise is adequately stocked, correctly priced and displayed in an attractive and safe manner.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels; process purchasing orders as required; track orders and investigate problems.
- Record purchases, maintain the database, perform physical inventory counts and reconcile actual stock counts with computer-generated reports.
- Perform cash audits and deposit investigations to fully account for store cash.
- Ensure that standards of quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Communicate with managers with respect to sales, employees and other critical matters.
- Greet guests and answer questions about merchandise.
- Respond to customer complaints and other issues.
Experience & skills you need:
- High school diploma, or the equivalent experience.
- One to three years of experience in a management role at a convenience store, gas station or similar environment.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record and current auto insurance.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business correspondence, periodicals, professional journals and government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Strong foundation in fundamental math concepts and performing calculations.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Nimble using computer systems with the ability to perform word processing and data entry activities.
- Strong communications and leadership skills.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top