Sr. Specialist - Talent Development
- Phoenix, AZ
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Sr. Specialist - Talent Development in Phoenix, Arizona.
What you'll do:
ELS is currently seeking a Senior Learning & Development Specialist who excels in a fast-paced, results-oriented, and highly collaborative environment to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. As a Senior L&D Specialist, you will be delivering learning solutions for our revenue-producing areas including operations, sales and contact centers. This role focuses on supporting the West and California markets but will work collaboratively with all members of the Learning & Development team throughout the country.
Who we are:
Equity Lifestyle Properties (ELS) is the leading operator of Manufactured Home Communities, RV Resorts and Campgrounds in North America. We offer beautiful communities and parks in the most desirable locations, while offering various homes and camping options to meet a wide variety of our customers' needs.
Your job will include:
- Conduct virtual learning sessions on topics including systems technology, leadership, customer service and operations. Conduct in-person learning sessions when environment allows.
- Leading the onboarding process for new property managers to ensure a smooth and successful transition to ELS. This may include coaching managers on how to effectively onboard new employees.
- Collaboratively design operational based training solutions such as employee orientations and positional training programs.
- Act as the main point of contact for operational and sales leaders on all learning and development questions.
- Collaborate with internal customers including Property Managers, Regional Managers and Vice Presidents to understand their business needs and provide solutions that include developing, designing, and delivering learning and performance resources.
- Respond to and prioritize needs and internal customer requests.
- Review and update learning solutions as the business evolves.
- Leverage multiple L&D methods in solutions, including feedback/reflection, connection/collaboration, on-demand reference, coursework and experience-based learning.
- Produce and analyze relevant data and reports to share our results and identify areas to improve.
- Collaborate with colleagues from other internal functions to shape our final solutions.
- Develop trusting relationships with peers and colleagues in other functions.
Experience & skills you need:
- Experience teaching in a virtual setting
- Experience creating operations-based learning solutions for a multi-unit business organization
Communication and Collaboration
- Expresses ideas clearly and succinctly in all interactions.
- Act with results-orientation and a naturally collaborative approach.
- Demonstrate strong personal initiative and willingness to get out to our properties, roll up sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Listen effectively to internal customer needs and opportunities.
- Able to facilitate virtual and live classroom sessions with participants.
- Ability to develop functional knowledge of our business and exhibit intellectual curiosity.
- Gather and analyze facts and data to support proposed solutions.
- Think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Thrive in complex and rapidly changing environment while maintaining a can-do attitude.
- Can develop expertise in operational and technology tools.
- Ability to influence outcomes and lead change.
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence through good judgment, awareness of self and others and ability to adapt.
- Coach and mentor new hires effectively.
- Show a continuous learning and curious mindset by taking appropriate risks, learning from the process and developing improved approaches.
- Ability to work independently and virtually.
- Effectively able to juggle multiple concurrent tasks and priorities.
- College degree or commensurate industry experience required
- Once environments allow, able and willing to travel for up to a week at a time averaging 20-25% over the course of a year
- Experience with course development and/or multimedia tools such as Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, Adobe Media Suite, etc.
- Prior experience using Office 365, including Teams and SharePoint
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top