Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
- Chicago, IL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Senior Financial Reporting Accountant in Chicago, Illinois.
What you'll do:
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant supports the financial statement closing process, as well as various aspects of internal and external reporting. This position has significant interaction with corporate accounting, property accounting, financial planning and analysis and tax teams.
Your job will include:
- Prepare quarterly consolidated balance sheets, income statements and statements of changes in equity.
- Prepare and review the monthly consolidation and reporting of financial and operational results; ensure the integrity and accuracy information.
- Coordinate and perform analysis and interpretation of revenue and expense variances.
- Monitor and record all common stock activity, including new grants, OP unit conversions and stock-based compensation.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of earnings release documents, supplemental information, SEC filings (e.g., Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K) and other external reports.
- Collaborate with colleagues to prepare quarterly and annual schedules that support earnings release documents and SEC filings.
- Assist external auditors during the quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Support internal audit, asset management, investor relations and financial planning and analysis teams as required.
- Continually evaluate system processes across the company; lead projects to streamline and improve internal and external reporting.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- 3+ years of accounting experience working for a publicly traded company and/or public accounting experience with an SEC registrant.
- Strong understanding of the application of US GAAP, financial reporting and SEC requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and drive them to completion.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top