- Chicago, IL
With a culture of recognition and reputation for excellence, ELS is the ideal organization in which to develop a long and successful career!
ELS is hiring for the position of Safety Specialist in Chicago, Illinois.
Your job will include:
- Review incidents and investigate as needed
- Determine OSHA recordability
- Confirm accuracy of data downloads
- Analyze loss data
- Create and distribute internal reports from risk management information system (RMIS)
- Track OSHA recordable, lost time and restricted duty in RMIS
- Submit annual OSHA reporting timely and accurately
- Research changes to safety regulations
- Help develop and maintain regional safety committees
- Identify and create drafts of weekly safety topics
- Support the creation of ELS customized safety training
- Assist with updating employee safety handbook and manager safety manual
- Support and follow up on annual risk management survey completion by properties
- Help upload and track emergency action plans for properties
- Assist with hurricane and other severe weather alert emails
Experience & skills you need:
- Bachelor's degree with at least two years of industry experience, or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on company needs.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work internally and externally with various functional areas and levels, including operations, legal, learning and development.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint) plus exposure to database or information systems.
- Solid understanding of federal and state OSHA plans, and performance of OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Attention to detail
- Desire to learn
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans, a generous 401(k) employer match, and paid vacations, holidays, and sick time.
We invite you to visit our web site at www.equitylifestyleproperties.com for additional information regarding our exceptional resort communities.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and thank all applicants.
Back to top